Saturday, January 30, 2010

Books I Read

A pastor I admire keeps a blog that shows every book that he reads. He makes short comments on each book. I thought I'd do the same thing since I read a lot. I'm not doing this to show off how many books I read or anything like that. I'm mainly doing this so I can keep up with what books I've read and if I liked them or not. I'm going to start with the books that I've read this month and take it from there.

January
1. John MacArthur. Alone With God: Rediscovering the Power & Passion of Prayer. This is a great study on the power of prayer. John MacArthur's books can be a hard read sometimes, but this one isn't too tough.

2. Francis Chan. Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit. This easy read can be quite convicting at times. I highly recommend this book for folks who don't read much, but are interested in learning more about the Holy Spirit.

3. John MacArthur. Twelve Ordinary Men. Great book about the twelve disciples. I loved this book. It's very interesting learning about the lives, and deaths, of these great men (not counting Judas Iscariot, of course).

4. A.W. Tozer. Man, the Dwelling Place of God. Tozer. . . Need I say more? Outstanding book.

5. Calvin Miller. Preaching: The Art of Narrative Exposition. I'm currently reading this one. It is a great book on the narrative aspects of expository preaching. Anyone that's interesting in preaching should read this wonderful book. It really breaks down all aspects of homiletics (Ignore all the anti-Calvinism remarks).

No comments:

Post a Comment